Today my guest on this episode of Hometown to Hollywood is Los Angeles casting director Krisha Bullock, of Bullock and Snow Casting.
Listen to the first 10 minutes here for free, or become a Friend of the Podcast for access to the full interview, as well as access to the entire collection of over 100 other inspiring and educational episodes designed to help you succeed in the entertainment industry.
It’s easy! In your browser bar, go to https://hometowntohollywood.supportingcast.fm/ and for just $5 a month—about the price of latte– become a member.
Your support allows me to continue to do the work that supports you, and the dreams of your child, or even your own dreams. Thank you!
Krisha Bullock is a multi-award winning Casting Director and nominee with over 19 year of casting experience, specializing in youth programming. She has been nominated for dozens of Artios awards by the Casting Society of America, and is a several time winner of the Seymour Heller Award for Television Casting Director of the Year. She is ridiculously proud of her mentorship of thousands of hopeful young people, helping them break into the industry by navigating them toward a professional career.
Krisha is best known for casting All That, Keenan and Kel, Zoey 101, True Jackson VP, iCarly, Victorious, Sam & Cat, DeGrassi: the Next Generation, Game Shakers, and Henry Danger, among other hit shows. She is a member of the Casting Society of America.
We talk about how actors can take control of their auditions, how they can best prepare for success when production opens up again after the pandemic, and so much more. Join us!
Some of my favorite quotes from our conversation:
- “The best actors act from the inside out.”
- “It is such a joy to make that phone call, and virtually make somebody’s dreams come true.”
- “Multicamera came from theater.”
- “We are looking for someone to walk in and show us how the role should be done.”
- “I am looking for someone to come in and play the scene exactly the way they would play the scene on set.”
- “The time that you’re in the room is the time to teach us who you are, & who you’re going to be as a professional on stage.”
- “We want them to be amazing. We want them to book the role.”
- “Casting isn’t an adversary; we’re actually part of your team.”
- “I wish actors would watch their tapes back.”
- “We are ultimately hiring human beings to be on our set.”
- “We champion you. Not just for this particular role, but for every role.”
- “Parents should be like the Secret Service on set. They’re there to protect, and disappear.”
- “Acting is one of the very few things you can do from birth to death.”
Follow Krisha Bullock here:
Krisha Bullock shared a career’s worth of insight in her interview, and still we only scratched the surface of her wisdom. Imagine what you could learn in an hour of one-on-one with an acting career expert? If you could use some help getting started in an acting career, or jump-starting one that has stalled, book a consultation with me. A single session can save you months and years of frustration, time and money. I look forward to talking with you!