Today my guest on Hometown to Hollywood is Social Media Marketing for Actors Expert, Heidi Dean.
Heidi Dean is the creator of Marketing4Actors.com and the 21-Day Social Rockstar Challenge. She is a graduate of NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts and was a working, professional SAG and AEA actor for over 20 years. Combining her years of industry experience with cutting-edge social media strategy, she helps you leverage the power of social media to open more doors for your acting career. Her clients include Emmy Award winners, Broadway stars, recording artists, directors, producers, filmmakers and actors just like you.
This is SUCH an important podcast! We cover a huge amount of ground that will help young adult actors as well as parents, teen and child actors. We discuss:
- the most common mistakes actors make on social media
- the ideal approach to starting on social media
- online safety
- organizational tools
- reputation management
- and SO much more.
Become a member!
Friends of Hometown to Hollywood get the full version of the interview, plus complete access to my 100+ episode archive—sign up here. (If you’re already a Friend, thanks for your support! Find the latest episode and your podcast feed here.)
A few of my favorite quotes from our conversation:
- “This business is all about your relationships.”
- “Give yourself a little social media audit… what’s the 1st impression people have?”
- “Your reputation is everything in this business.”
- “Remember to listen before you talk on social media.”
- “Social media is a telephone, not a television; talk WITH people, not AT people.”
- “If you’re going to let your teenager run their own account, make it a requirement that they friend and follow you.”
- “Nothing is private on social media, even if it’s a private account.”
- “Turn off your geo tags.”
- “You are the boss of your social media.”
- “Start with one platform, master that one, then add another. Take baby steps.”
- “Make sure your location is turned off if you’re posting from set.”
- “Check to see if there are restrictions on what and when you can post, and what you’re required to post.”
- “Pick a time every day to do your social media.”
How to find Heidi Dean:
Social Savvy Actor Facebook Group: www.socialmediasavvyactors.com
Heidi’s courses are HERE: https://marketing4actors.com/our-classes/
Freebies from Heidi Dean:
As you can see from our conversation, there is a lot to know about managing social media for an actor—even a young actor. And we just scratched the surface! Similarly, there is a lot to know about how to get a young actor’s career started. If you’d like some guidance—and to save a serious amount of time and money—invest in an in-person, Skype, or phone consulting session with me. In 60 or 90 minutes, you can have your questions answered, (including many questions you may not know you should have!) and put together an action plan.
Go to https://hometowntohollywood.com/consultations/ and schedule a consult with me today. I look forward to speaking with you!